AVIC411.com

deleted data.zip from hu after copy the extracted data to hu

not sure why there is a data.zip file on the hu.

i have extracted the whole data.zip file (39mb) and copied the extracted data via a sd card back to the hu. after this i have deleted the data.zip file from the hu.

rebooted the hu and it still runs but it has no faster boot time what i was hooping :(

anyway now i can just hack the files without having to zip and unzip. 8)

iGO was originally developed for PDAs and smartphones, that have rather limited memory, so compressing skin information (DATA.ZIP) makes sense -- text files (*.UI, *.SPR) compress very well. Also, you have just one file to move around.

However, if you want, you can keep them extracted. You can even mix and match -- have the original DATA.ZIP file, and extract files you want to chnage to the main iGO directory structure. It will use extracted files first, then check if they are in DATA.ZIP.

I find it is easier to drop individual files onto the headunit for testing. That way I can load multiple changes at once, then if something does not work delete only the offending file, and still have something operational Once I am satisfied with the operation, I add them to the DATA.ZIP...