AVIC411.com

Hacking your device - First Step

this is applicable to the 700/900/90 as well right?

Also, in this walkthrough it says the files on the SD card are the ones you modify. How does this work exactly??

Is the unit now booting off of files on the SD card? So you modify the SD card files as you see fit??

Or do you modify the SD card files on your PC and then copy those files back into the units memory?

Basically what I'm asking is once you edit files on your SD card, how do you 'apply' them?

Step 1: Well first, when you copy the Testmode.zip files to the SD card, those files help you to access your unit Operating System (Windows CE) mode, right?!! If you don’t have that, Pioneer GPS system will start instead.

Step 2: Once you are in Windows CE mode, you need to copy the files that makes the GPS work… those files are the one you will modify (in case that you want to hack your system) You copy those files to the SD card, then you copy them to your computer and do the changes (hacking, change text, car icon, and all those things which are on the forums) one your done modifying those DATA files then you copy them back to your unit, the same way you did the first time, but this time you copy from the SD Card to your unit.

PLEASE HELP!!!! I upload the edited Data.zip file for the bypass to my AVIC F90BT and after I am getting "Program Application Database Cannot Be Found". The unit will not boot. Can some please help. I need the original Data.zip or a way to fix this. I accidentally formatted my SD card that had my original.

PLEASE HELP!!!! I upload the edited Data.zip file for the bypass to my AVIC F90BT and after I am getting "Program Application Database Cannot Be Found". The unit will not boot. Can some please help. I need the original Data.zip or a way to fix this. I accidentally formatted my SD card that had my original.

did you make a back-up of your original data.zip on the unit?

That testmode works fine, it's been downloaded and used several times.

yes it is working fine, the problem is with this PCs unzip software (I am used to winrar but i just imaged this PC and it doesnt have winrar)

What happens is it unzips the entire archive and displays all of the files without regards to the folder tree. So all i saw were the contained files with no directories.

stupid mistake haha, my bad =P

I did but I accidentally formatted the SD card that had it, now I don't have it.

Is out there a downloadable backup that someone may be created for a case like this? Post link please. Also I can provide you with mine, but my device is F500BT. I don’t know if it’s going to work.