AVIC411.com

Help me figure this out.

I had a Avic Z1 in my cobalt and I loved it work perfect. Well I traded it in, unfourtionatly the radio went with the car. Now I have a truck and it has a din and a half. It looks to have room for a double but I cant find a kit anywhere. Can yall think of anything with the HDD capability that will fit in there? I can go down to a single din, but not up to a double. Im not really in need of navigation. so, I dont have to have that I just miss the HDD. Any Ideas?

I also have a tv tuner for the z-1 if anyone is interested.

I have a 2007 Ram 2500, and I have installed the Z2. I started with the small factory dodge radio, and swaped to the nav dash. Here is a list of parts you would need to install it to look stock.

2006-2008 Dodge Navigation Dash:

(OEM part comes in many colors)

This can be bought at your local dealer or online.

https://www.dodgeparts.com/index.php/cP ... 5814c5babd

OEM part numbers for the Navigation Dash Bezel for the 2006-2008 Dodge Ram, if you prefer to go through your dealer:

1CP581DHAA Slate Gray

1CP581J8AA Khaki

5JZ121DHAC Maple & Slate Gray

5JZ121J8AC Maple & Khaki

5JZ131Z2AC Maple & Satin Silver

Install kit:

American International CD-K650 (by far the better looking)

or

Metra 99-6510. I had the Metra part and changed to the American International. Take the time to find the American International kit and you won't be disappointed.

Antenea adapter:

Metra 40-cr10

or

Scosche CRA

or

AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL CR6

Can Bus Adapter:

(provides VSS, reverse, illumination, switched power, etc wire connections from the factory harness)

Scosche DCCR03SRB

or

Peripheral Concepts CHYAH05

This would be everything you need to install a double din in a 2006-2008 Dodge Ram 1500, 2500, or 2500 without factory navigation.

post-9068-12872755755285_thumb.jpg

post-9068-12872755756652_thumb.jpg

i know this is kinda stupid question but does the 2 wire bypass work on the z3?

also witch one is the part number for the one thats the same as the stock silver color but double din instead of 1 1/2

Yes, the 2 wire bypass does work with the Z3.

Dodge does not make a nav bezel in the silver color like your stock one.

If you do not have wood grain, then you will order either the grey or khacki depending on your interior color. It will have a 'carbon fiber' type pattern around the radio. It looks much better in person than in the pictures above.