AVIC411.com

My F90BT Installed in 2004 Ford Escape

Well after having this unit for almost a month I am very pleased with it. I do have to admit that are a few things that I don't like about but I may be just a little bit to picky, but then again it is based of off Windows CE. Here are some pics of my install.

Head Unit mounted in Dash

DSCF0298.jpg

GPS Antenna

DSCF0301.jpg

XM Radio Antenna

DSCF0296.jpg

Ipod Classic 80 gig model

DSCF0317.jpg

Ford Splash image

DSCF0302.jpg

Alpine Amp running OEM Door Speakers

DSCF0305.jpg

My MTX 7500 10" Subs and JBL 1200.1 Amp

DSCF0312.jpg

I also purchased the XM and HD Radio Tuner, im still debating if I want to purchase the backup camera.

Well these are all the pics I have for now.

Quick question for you, i have a Mazda Tribute which is very similar, is your HU secured into the dash? And if so, how? I just realized after I got my radio installed by Circuit City that it literally just slides in and out with nothing holding it in. I wanted to see if maybe you had a different install kit or if you had the same issue.

That's pretty well done.

How did you run the XM cable outside your car?

Also what do you make of the HD Radio add-on?

The installer ran the cable along side the side, other than the HD Radio not displaying the Text for the preset stations I like it really well. You can really tell the difference between HD radio and regular FM radio.

Quick question for you, i have a Mazda Tribute which is very similar, is your HU secured into the dash? And if so, how? I just realized after I got my radio installed by Circuit City that it literally just slides in and out with nothing holding it in. I wanted to see if maybe you had a different install kit or if you had the same issue.

Well the owner of the company bragged how his crew properly secured the HU in the dash, lil did he know that before I pulled out of the bay I was gonna make him show me. They pulled the gray dash part off and I was very disappointed and he was very pissed for looking like a complete idiot.

They never installed a F90 before so I guess I got what I payed for, they had to go in a trim a lil bit of the gray dash part or else it would not have attached back to the entire dash all the way. The also used the wrong kit, but rather than complaining im going to purchase the correct kit and remount it myself. I did place some fish hook wires and rash blades along the back top of the unit SO IF someone decides to break in and get my HU they are going to be in for a big surprise after they cut their hand, lol.

So all in all we seem to be in the same issue right now, how do you like yours?

Well the owner of the company bragged how his crew properly secured the HU in the dash, lil did he know that before I pulled out of the bay I was gonna make him show me. They pulled the gray dash part off and I was very disappointed and he was very pissed for looking like a complete idiot.

They never installed a F90 before so I guess I got what I payed for, they had to go in a trim a lil bit of the gray dash part or else it would not have attached back to the entire dash all the way. The also used the wrong kit, but rather than complaining im going to purchase the correct kit and remount it myself. I did place some fish hook wires and rash blades along the back top of the unit SO IF someone decides to break in and get my HU they are going to be in for a big surprise after they cut their hand, lol.

So all in all we seem to be in the same issue right now, how do you like yours?

It's ok except that if you push the touchscreen with an upward motion, the entire box slide up a quarter of an inch. But you'd never know just by the look of the outside.

I'll look into other kits for the Mazda Tribute, I think they'd be identical with your SUV.