AVIC411.com

Bluetooth COnnection Problems - D3 and LG VX8800

I've had my unit for over a year and everything seemed to be working fine but at the beginning of the week my bluetooth no longer connected to my cell phone. I have the VX8800 and I've tried everything to make it connect, with the exception of resetting my unit back to factory settings.

Unfortunately I am not sure if the issue is with the D3 unit or my cell phone, though I am hoping it is my cell phone.

Has anyone experienced this issue where their cell phone just no longer connects via the bluetooth.

Please advise me on what to do -- I really want to get this thing working!

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

WEIRD!!! I have an IPHONE, and everything has ben working perfectly for about 4 months.

And now, all of a sudden, the D3 will not "auto connect" when I start the car.

It's registered...paired...I even sacrificed a virgin! Still, won't auto connect...and this is after having it work flawlessly for about 4 months!

I have to try other phones to see where the problem lies, but just weird that this should happen all of a sudden, for no apparent reason!

I don't quite know who you're referring to, but, with an IPHONE, you can't remove the battery...

But I did reset the NETWORK settings, as was advised by APPLE...I'll see soon if that does the trick.

im referring to the original poster.

Yes it is! Hey Clint haha. I am having issues syncing it... do you think it could be the phone firmware?

it possibly could be the phone firmware. my friend's lg dare had that issue and she updated the firmware on it and everything worked great. what i would do is pull out the batt and see if it just needs a reset on the phone and reconnects.

if not, then delete the phone on the d3. reconnect it by putting your phone in discoverable mode and having the radio search for the phone. pair them up and register the phone as phone 1. and dont forget to transfer the contacts too.

it possibly could be the phone firmware. my friend's lg dare had that issue and she updated the firmware on it and everything worked great. what i would do is pull out the batt and see if it just needs a reset on the phone and reconnects.

if not, then delete the phone on the d3. reconnect it by putting your phone in discoverable mode and having the radio search for the phone. pair them up and register the phone as phone 1. and dont forget to transfer the contacts too.

You're awesome Clint as always. Thank you!

I will try that sometime in the next week and let you know how it goes.

Happy Halloween!

• 3 weeks later...