AVIC411.com

Avic D3 install help - speed sensor and reverse signal

Can someone help me with my install? I have everything set up except 2 wires. One is for the reverse signal and one is for the speed sensor.

I have a 2001 Honda Prelude with a 5 speed transmission. Anyone know where to get to these wires? Or can someone point me to where I could find this information?

Thanks.

I just wired these up today but my car is a Toyota Yaris. In my car the wires are located in the fuse box under the dash board on the driver's side, but your car may be different. Actually only my reverse signal works. I'm still getting a 0 reading for the speed sensor so I'm working on that.

Does anyone know what type of connector is used for the end of the extension lead for the reverse signal, ie. the 5m wire with a fuse resistor? My wire is missing that connector. It looks like a female connector, but what type & size is it? Right now I just tied the bare wires to the male connector which works too.

It should have just been a wire tap that was supplied with he pioneer wire, no fuse resistor from what I recall.

Anyway, I know it is possible to run a wire all the way back to the actual reverse light. I was just hoping to find it at the dashboard area.

The wire I'm talking about is listed in the installation manual, pg 12. The diagram shows a wire tap on one end, a fuse resistor, and a female connector on the other end. I've seen pictures of this wire with these components, but mine is missing the connector.