AVIC411.com

Video In Motion Bypass kit - not working?

Hi all

I recently bought this kit for my z1
[url=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8056083422&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:UK:11]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... IBSA:UK:11[/url]

And have it installed but its not working correctly, it starts off working ok but then after about 5 mins of driving it pops up with the warning about not using dvd when in motion.

I have it installed correctly here as it does turn on the handbrake whilst driving so I don't get what the problem could be?

Something I did notice, when looking at the settings > hardware and configuration it does say I have exsessive vibration or whatever its called whilst driving. Anyone else get this?

Help

Thanks

Stu
My understanding is that this kit puts relays in between the parking brake and GPS antenna to basically "fool" the unit into thinking that there is no longer a GPS antenna and that you stopped and the parking brake is on.

I think that the Z1 also uses accellerametors for gforce and turning and such. They probably added a check to see if you are moving with those as well.

You can always flash your headlights or get a device to do it for you.
I purchased the same thing. It DOES NOT WORK. Basically it's severs the connection to the ebrake (grounds it) and the speed wire (just disconnects it) with relays. This absolutely will not work because the Z1 will use other sensors to detect motion. Please email him to let him know it doesn't work, I've already spoken to him on the phone and he claims that he has it working but I don't by it since NOONE has gotten the Z1 to work in the fassion.