AVIC411.com

Just bought a new 90bt for $500

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how come on some other enthusiast forums, they say in order to get the cashback you have to find an ebay listing that specifies that you are able to get the cashback. This forum says that you just need to have ebay open with the 25% cashback offer on top. Does anybody know for sure? Can you just choose any listing and get the 25% off? Or does the listing have to mention the 25% from live?

here are the steps for what I did:

1) create ebay account

2) create paypal account

3) create live.com account

4) search live.com for "avic". you should get an ad at the top of the search listings for ebay that says "Buy Avic. You may get 25% off with paypal if eligible"

5) click the ad to take you to ebay

6) select one of the "buy it now" results

7) buy the item with your paypal account. make sure it has the icon for "Microsoft cashback" on the page.

8) you should get a message in your ebay message center with a link for you to click for your cashback. click the link

9) the link prompts you to sign in to live.com cashback account or create one. you can create one if you haven't already. a few hours later, you'll see the cashback show up as pending in your account.

To be eligible, I believe you must have clicked through from live.com. you can't just search ebay or use any ebay listing. I've only seen the 25% discounts, but you are very close to the limit of $200 with that anyway. I got $177 off mine.

a few days ago there were a couple sellers with the 25% cashback. Now there aren't any. It's not 30% its 25%, at least for this week. I'm just confused now, because some forums say you need to have the listing that specifically states 25% cashback, and I read this forum which just says all you need to do is do a live.com search and click on the ebay sponsored site on top with teh 25% live cashback.

Rogue, so you don't need to buy from a specific listing that says you can get the live cashback? All you need is to make sure the live cashback is on top of the ebay page?

As far as I can see (and through my own experience) it is independent of listings. The seller I used (http://myworld.ebay.com/stereoneeds/), didn't mention cashback in their listing. I just clicked the ad from live.com, the top of the ebay page said "Microsoft cashback 25%". When I went to purchase it, the top of the purchase page still had the Microsoft cashback icon and I think there was another icon in the middle of the page.

As long as you come from live.com through the ad and see the cashback icon on the top of the page, I think you are good. you should be able to use any seller. It applies to buy it now listings only though.

Rogue, so you don't need to buy from a specific listing that says you can get the live cashback? All you need is to make sure the live cashback is on top of the ebay page?

As far as I can see (and through my own experience) it is independent of listings. The seller I used (http://myworld.ebay.com/stereoneeds/), didn't mention cashback in their listing. I just clicked the ad from live.com, the top of the ebay page said "Microsoft cashback 25%". When I went to purchase it, the top of the purchase page still had the Microsoft cashback icon and I think there was another icon in the middle of the page.

As long as you come from live.com through the ad and see the cashback icon on the top of the page, I think you are good. you should be able to use any seller. It applies to buy it now listings only though.

I bought from the same guy.

I bought from the same guy.

got mine from stereoneeds and got 30% off but that was 10/19/08