AVIC411.com

Before I put this D3 in my car I had a hi/low convertor hooked into my back speakers for my sub amp.Now, with the D3 I want to run it from the HU,but when I hook it up there is little to no output from the sub.I read the manual and I did a search here and It seems like everything is hooked up right.Im not sure what else to try,any ideas??

DB, Stupid question. Do ou have the sub turned on inside the D3? With the unit off, I think it's in the initial settings menu etc. You need to set the rear speaker output to sub. You can change it from sub to full in that menu. Then in one of the EQ menu's there are settings to turn the sub on and off and crank up the volume etc etc. Im gonna go out on a limb, did you read your manual? LOL

LOL!! Yes I read the manual believe it or not.I tried everything,I just cant get any output.Im only running 1 sub.When its hooked up to the HI/Low convertor its fine,so its definately in the HU.Maybe there is something wrong with the HU? Im assuming the preouts are 2 volt,correct? My daughter has 2 volt preouts on her stereo.Shes running 2 Infinity 10's and a 600 watt MTX amp and it sounds pretty damn good.This is my old stuff and its about 4 years old and it sounds way better than mine.I dont know what else to do???

DB,

A hi/low converter is used to convert speaker level outputs so you can connect a sub amp in a conventional stereo (Yours probably has an amp built into it). You should have the sub hooked up to the RCA output on the D3 (The wires with the RCA jacks on them that are hanging off your wire harness in the back of the D3) and you are going to need some kind of amp to power the sub. So far I havent heard you mention an amp. I assumed you had an amp on it. The D3 doesn't have an amp in it for the sub. Any "output" you're going to get is going to come from your amp. I don't see how this can be an issue with your HU. Maybe you thought the D3 was going to "power" the sub? I'm just a little confused LOL

DB,

A hi/low converter is used to convert speaker level outputs so you can connect a sub amp in a conventional stereo (Yours probably has an amp built into it). You should have the sub hooked up to the RCA output on the D3 (The wires with the RCA jacks on them that are hanging off your wire harness in the back of the D3) and you are going to need some kind of amp to power the sub. So far I havent heard you mention an amp. I assumed you had an amp on it. The D3 doesn't have an amp in it for the sub. Any "output" you're going to get is going to come from your amp. I don't see how this can be an issue with your HU. Maybe you thought the D3 was going to "power" the sub? I'm just a little confused LOL

Yeah Im using RCA's for both the HU and the Hi/Low convertor.I tapped into my rear speakers for the convertor and I hooked up to the sub preout on the D3.Im running a mono amp for the sub.Im using a Kicker 750.1.