AVIC411.com

Speed Sensor location in 2005 Trailblazer?

Hello I have not attached this wire because I cannot find it? Does anyone know its location on a 05 Trailblazer no Onstar or Bose? I found it in my Haynes book as the Purple white wire and light green/black? Also if you know where it is which one do I splice into? one says VSS LO and the other VSS HI?? The Avic Book says its in the glove box but I took it off and theres a harness there but no purple or lt grn wires anywhere?

Also if you have done this on a TB and know where is the reverse wire location I would appreciate it too I will be installing one soon.

Thanks!!!

Dark Green/White, behind instrument cluster for the VSS.

Lt. Green at the rear fuse panel under drivers side rear seat for the reverse light. (That is what my program says, but you should be able to find it at the steering column, typically.)

Test first...

Hey thanks jrdiesel Ill check it out and see if I can find them I took the instrument cluster off to to run my gps antenna through it and didnt even bother too look. but when you say behind the instrument cluster its not the harness the cluster is attached too? because i remember when i took it out there was a metal plate with bolts on it is it behind that?

also for the fuse panel there is a few harnesses there too do you know which one?

Thanks.

The VSS should be in the harness attached to the back of the cluster.

The reverse wire isn't used for a remote starter install (which is what I do), so I have never tried to find it on the Trailblazer. Sorry I don't have any pics for either wire.

Maybe try testing ON one of the fuses first, that could give you an approximate location of the correct harness...but if you are already half way to the back of the truck, you may as well keep going to the tail light harness at the light, and save the testing time. Either will give you the same result.