AVIC411.com

Replacing 2 TR7'S with DB Flasher- Need Help

I am replacing the 2 TR7's with DB Flasher unit. I need help with one of the green wires.

What do I do with the one that goes to the amp turn on? Do I just remove it?

It looks like it spliced into the blue/white wire that is coming from the Z1.

Also it does look like there might be a diod in line for the blue wires, can I leave it with DB circuit?

If wired properly you should have the following scenario:
Black wires from both TR7’s are going to chassis ground.
Red wires from both TR7’s are going to switched positive.
Blue wires from both TR7’s are going to Z1 dimmer wire with diode inline (do not connect – side [unstriped] of diode’s together!)
Green wire from 5 second pulse programming is going to Z1 amp turn on wire
Green wire from 20 second delay programming is going to car dimmer wire - I've personally put a diode on this wire too
Well, it depends on what the instructions are for your flasher. Did I send you instructions with it? There are general instructions, but with a recent change in design and software it can be slightly different. If you want you can email me directly from the contact list on [url=http://www.sminntech.com]www.sminntech.com[/url]. But you will want to remove all relays and diodes and the TR7's and hook up my circuit just like it says in the instructions I sent you. You won't need any of the Tr7's, diodes, or relays.
[quote name="ducatiboy"]Well, it depends on what the instructions are for your flasher. Did I send you instructions with it? There are general instructions, but with a recent change in design and software it can be slightly different. If you want you can email me directly from the contact list on [url=http://www.sminntech.com]www.sminntech.com[/url]. But you will want to remove all relays and diodes and the TR7's and hook up my circuit just like it says in the instructions I sent you. You won't need any of the Tr7's, diodes, or relays.[/quote]

I did not receive any instructions. Just the white envelope with the disclamer on it.

I followed the directions on your website [url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1fcinstall.html]http://www.sminntech.com/z1fcinstall.html[/url]

I thought it was pretty straight forward.

I removed the red wires of the TR7's and added your RED wires in it's place.

I removed the black wires from the TR7's and added your BlACK wires in it's place.

I removed the blue wires from TR7 and added ORANGE in it's place. (Removed diod too)

I removed the green wire from the 5 second TR7 from the amp turn on and added nothing in its place.

I removed the green wire from the 20 second TR7 and added the WHITE wire in it's place.

I did nothing with the light green wire comming from the Z1. This is attached to some other wires, I think ground but I have to look closer.

Your circuit has a white paint spot on it if that means anything.
[quote name="drober30"]I did not receive any instructions. Just the white envelope with the disclamer on it.[/quote]

That's how I ship them

[quote name="drober30"]I followed the directions on your website [url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1fcinstall.html]http://www.sminntech.com/z1fcinstall.html[/url]

Your circuit has a white paint spot on it if that means anything.
[/quote]

The instructions would have been in the email I sent to you when I shipped the circuit. The white dot is a new software version so I know who has what, there is a secondary installation procedure which you could use if you have trouble (usually due to diesel vehicles, or auto starters, or can bus adapters or whatever). 99.5% of people didn't have a problem with the "old" software, but I had to make a couple custom versions for some people and these "white dot" circuits have both programs in them hoping to get rid of any custom software.

[quote name="drober30"]I thought it was pretty straight forward.

I removed the red wires of the TR7's and added your RED wires in it's place.

I removed the black wires from the TR7's and added your BlACK wires in it's place.

I removed the blue wires from TR7 and added ORANGE in it's place. (Removed diod too)

I removed the green wire from the 5 second TR7 from the amp turn on and added nothing in its place.

I removed the green wire from the 20 second TR7 and added the WHITE wire in it's place.[/quote]

I don't know how to install a TR7 so I can't go by the color codes on the TR7. But it sounds ok, I would go more by what the TR7 was connected to as opposed to what color the wire was on the TR7. But it sounds ok.

[quote name="drober30"]I did nothing with the light green wire comming from the Z1. This is attached to some other wires, I think ground but I have to look closer.[/quote]

The light green wire is the parking brake wire, it should not have been connected to anything, even with the TR7's. It should not be grounded. If it is, the Z1 will not respond reliably to TR7's or my circuit. If it was grounded the unit will need to be reset.
Your email pointed me to the install instructions I used which is the link I included in my previous post.

Should I disconnect the light green wire from the Z1 and tape it up. If this wire is grounded or such, would it stop your circuit from working?

The connection menu states parking brake is "on"

Also I do have the canbus in my charger.
[quote name="drober30"]Your email pointed me to the install instructions I used which is the link I included in my previous post.

Should I disconnect the light green wire from the Z1 and tape it up. If this wire is grounded or such, would it stop your circuit from working?

The connection menu states parking brake is "on"

Also I do have the canbus in my charger.[/quote]

Yes, you should disconnect the light green parking brake wire from ground. It should stop my circuit (and 2 TR7's) from working correctly or at least reliably. If the connection menu states the parking brake is always on, then you want to cut that and tape it up.

Then reset the unit with the little recessed button on the bottom left to the right of the eject button.