AVIC411.com

Has anyone successfully bypassed the n2 with a circuit tracing pen and use a switch on the ground? Is the result all of the original functions working along with being able to watch a DVD while driving(fast) and be able to change all Nav functions?

I know about all the posts on the topic but I have yet to see definitive answers.
Yes, have done it with and without a switch

[quote name="Interceptor"]Has anyone successfully bypassed the n2 with a circuit tracing pen and use a switch on the ground? Is the result all of the original functions working along with being able to watch a DVD while driving(fast) and be able to change all Nav functions?

I know about all the posts on the topic but I have yet to see definitive answers.[/quote]
yea it you were to mess up which you shouldnt cause it is a lot easier than it sounds but if you were to mess up then it cleans up really easy. i did mine and let it dry for about 2 hours or so to make sure. when i did it it touched the metal beside it and i just used a knife and scraped that part off that was touching the metal and it came off easy. i would say that the circuit writer pen would be the way to go.
so I did the circuit pen thing and it did nothing. My unit works like its supposed to just without the bypass.
I bought my unit used and when I took off the silver sticker the spot that you are supposed to solder looked messed up, it looks like someone had tried to solder it once before and ended up scraping off the solder and breaking off the two contacts.
So I used the circuit pen on it anyway to see if it would work. it didn't and now I am unhappy. Has anyone heard of the contacts breaking or just being messed up?? Maybe the contacts are just flush with the board.
THe only thing I can think to do is, to go over the spot with the pen a few more times. UUGGHHH! I dont want to have to find an N1 on ebay just to get the dvd to play while driving.
thanks for the advice guys.

- well I was driving around and messing with the parking brake wire to see if I could get video to play. When I was cruisin around at like 40mph, I would touch the wire to a ground and I would get video for 4 seconds then it would get the pop up "no video while drivin".
So tell me, Would some type of relay work to play video? did I connect the r197 correctly and now just need some sophisticated switch? or is this just what it does until you connect the 197 points?
thanks for the help.
The N2 will do that with the parking brake because it is speed sensitive. That is why you have to bridge th two points under the silver sticker, this is the mod that bypasses the speed/motion problem. It seems that who ever you bought your unit from skrewed it up and thats why they ditched it. You only option here is to try to carefully fill in the cavities, that are broken off, with solder and then bridge the gap. Not to much to bleed into the other side of the board and careful on the heat. I would find the person who sold it to you and get dead off in their azz.