AVIC411.com

scion xa avic-f700bt install

Great work here, got my unit today planning to install this weekend, I will be doing the mutewire bypass, thinking about the software bypass as well, does one work better than the other?

Does any body have suggestions on where to locate my gps antenna? Wouldn't the best the reception be available on the roof? I;ve seen some installations behind glove boxes, does it matter?

One more thing, do i need a dash kit for this? Any body with experience on a Scin XA? I scoured the web, can;t seem to find any...

Thanks for all your help, will post images when completed.

The software and hardwire bypass work the same I believe, there is no difference. I think if you ground the parking break wire from the head unit and do the software change you don't have to change the mute wire.

GPS antenna can really go anywhere. The closer to a window the better nd the roof even better. Some cars however have coatings or wires that block the signal. For instance euro ford focus heated front windscreen can cause interferance. This is why they don't recommend it on the front of the car.

Outside would be best of course, but only if you are able to.

As for the dashkit ask in the scion forums, the unit is a double din.

My car a Nissan Rogue the dash kit to get the molding screws right onto the sides of the unit and i don't need a another harness for the unit.

thanks, I tried really hard to look on all the scion forums, nobody replied my post, and no info can be found for a 2005 xa... one last question, tapping in to the reverse light lead, how far back do I need to go? Closer to the reverse light assume after the junction box? thanks agian..

Great work here, got my unit today planning to install this weekend, I will be doing the mutewire bypass, thinking about the software bypass as well, does one work better than the other?

Does any body have suggestions on where to locate my gps antenna? Wouldn't the best the reception be available on the roof? I;ve seen some installations behind glove boxes, does it matter?

One more thing, do i need a dash kit for this? Any body with experience on a Scin XA? I scoured the web, can;t seem to find any...

Thanks for all your help, will post images when completed.

You will need a dash kit and wiring harness...I have both for sale $20 for both plus shipping....The ones I have are from scosche..... my paypal is danieldelgado@comcast.net

From what I read on this forum and the scionlife forum all of them said the reverse wire is only needed if you are installing a reverse camera. I didn;t tap in the reverse wire on both of the scions and they both are very accurate. I only tapped in to the VSS Wire. Just trust me just tap the VSS Wire to the Speed wire on the scion and you'll be fine.