AVIC411.com

iPod not working...

Today I got the F700BT installed and I'm still deciding if I like it or not.

They installed a "CDIU50 iPod USB Adapter" in my car so I can hook my ipod up to it. Well when I get my ipod cable and plug it into the usb cable they left for me in the glove compartment, it detects my ipod but no audio comes out?

Do I need a different cable or something? I was looking around and there is a CDIU230V cable which isn't the one I have but I don't know if this one will work either.

I spent $30 and I'm so pissed cause they are closed now and I can't listen to music and I work the next few days and cannot get over there. What should I do!?

You need the CDIU230V (or Apple's cable... apparently it is the same) that has AV leads in addition to USB.

F-series controls and charges iPod through USB but uses audio/video output of the iPod to actually play anything.

Of course if you could switch the iPod to USB Mass Storage mode you could play through USB.

I would suggest finding an installer who knows what they are doing... The only reason you might need CDIU50 is if you do not have an iPod USB cable anyway...