AVIC411.com

Anyone have an issue where the navi unit won't allow you to click on certain buttons in the navi menu? I have a bypassed n3 (used the switch) and everything has been working fine until i tried to upgrade my unit to cndv-80. i had some disc errors, but it didn't even look like it tried to install anything. ANd even after i tried the discs, when i put my old dic back in, everything worked fine. it seems like the unit is stuck in "drive" mode, even though it is bypassed, and even if i use my hot routes, it won't calculate the route. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having similar problems. Regardless if the car is in Park or Drive. For some reason my unit stopped calculating routes and the bypass is no longer working. I also have the continuous display of the "viewing front seat vehicle prohibited". I noticed it for the first time on Monday, and nothing seems to work. Initially, in Nav mode, under System, I was able to see the "restore system". However this has since been grayed out (disabled) and I no longer have that option.

I'm using the original disc that came with the unit. The disc is in great shape and has no scratches, as it's usually always in the drive. AVIC-N3 is only 1.5 years old. XM Radio and Nav Traffic works.

Can anyone explain what is happening? How do I restore the system, short of disconnecting the battery?

post-2401-12872756127699_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...