AVIC411.com

Is GPS accuracy affected by 2 wire bypass?

Okay, bare with me for a moment. I've been reading on this system for the last couple of days and can't remember half the sites aside from this one and Tundrasolutions.com (I have an '07 Tundra) that I've been to. I want to say I've read that doing the bypass you are also bypassing one of the GPS's movement features that Pioneer uses for the pinpoint accuracy of the system, instead of just "being in the ballpark."

It seems everytime I travel I hit half of the countries major cities and when on overlapping freeways you really want that accuracy. So I'm just curious if I'm over thinking this or does it really drop how useful the GPS works in relation to the speed of the vehicle and the accuracy of the system?

Great forum by the way, I'm looking forward to an easy bypass when I get back next week. Currently deployed to Korea (this place sucks btw).

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15975

This is basically what I was talking about. If you don't have the speed signal wire hooked up, doesn't that effect the readout of the GPS accuracy? I mean, I figure it uses the speed signal and I wanna say I read something about internal gyros to improve the accuracy and pinpointing of the overall system.

Anyone have a take on that?

Da Weasle