AVIC411.com

New to avic HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just installed an Avic-D3 this weekend and on the first power up i got "insert the appropriate disc message. I put in both the east and west disc it says that it is checking them and then it says to eject and insert the correct disc. i have asked the installers where i bought the unit and i also called pioneer and they said to ship it to the repair center.

Does anyone know what causes this and can it be fixed without having to ship a brand new unit off to be repaired?????

If pioneer's help desk is telling you that, you may have to listen to them. One would hope, granted don't put your money on it, that they would know better then us average folk. Did you try putting any other media in it? cd/dvd/mp3 data disc etc?

If you did with the same result then yes its a laser pick up error, if it works on other discs, then prob a bad disc.

You did make sure to pick the disc in shiny side down right? haha, neverknow that may happen. Some people are idiots.

i do have the discs inserted correctly. but i have tried no other discs than the map disc cause i figured it was a start up disc the unit needed before it began operation.

I thought this because once the unit powered up for the first time is asked for the "appropriate disc"

Wait isn't this a security feature? When the device is powered off from battery, as a security precaution you can actually assign a certain cd or other disc to ensure you are the owner.

Now I know you can add the password feature, but I have never heard of a disc security feature and if that is present then I never knew it.

Nevermind I am not sure where I read that I thought it pertained to this unit, guess not as I just looked int he owners manual.

What version of the map dvds do you have are they red or green? The new ones (green) just came out, you should call them up and ask for new ones since you just bought it.

Where did you get it from? You say you did it yourself, but i don't recall having to enter the map disc unless i was usually the navigation and it needs the information for the maps. if you got it from a local store tell them to take it back and give you a replacement its going to take weeks im sure to get it back for repair.