AVIC411.com

Hi all,..

I've been able to enjoy my F900BT just one day. After changed the time settings to my locale, my unit rebooted and never comes up again,...

I have same simptoms, after 2 or 3 secs, the unit reboots again. Sometimes, the pioneer screen appears, some others even faster. I've reviewed all connections, and everithing is perfect, so...

My problem is that I bought the unit in the States, but I'm in Europe right now, and I think that guarantee only applyes in the states. Please, kchup, how much was your reparation bill?? I'll try to talk with local service , but,..... Any other idea?? Is there any way to reaply 2.0 update in this state??

My unit is brand new, with 2.0 update preloaded and no mods at all. I was about to add european maps when dead came.

Thanks for all,...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STOP.

You do not need to call Pioneer yet. I've had exactly the same problem. I've asked many questions and for help in the forum but I've had to solve it on my own. (Thanks to some kind friends in the forum who tried to help)

This is a mysterious lock up when booted in the test mode and while you think your unit is dead, the blank screen you see is actually caused by a wrong back camera setting changed automatically for some strange reason.

Although you can correct this problem, probably the next thing you'll suffer from will be the inability to enter language settings and/or change the voice language (if you need to)

Here's how you get out of this.

BLANK SCREEN: Put a sharp object (a pen, needle) in the reset button under the eject button to reset the system. Then you will be able to boot in once correctly since the system will bypass all settings including the back camera. Immediately go into settings/system settings/back camera. You'll notice that the setting is suprisingly set neither on nor to off but the voltage parameters are asked as if it is on. Just select OFF. And turn off your car and back on. You should be in with no problems.

LANGUAGE FATAL ERROR: If you get a fatal error message and a reboot in entering the language settings, doing a "factory setting recall" on settings/navi settings will enable you to go into language settings with no problem

CAN'T CHANGE VOICE LANGUAGE: If your system freezes when trying to change the voice, boot into testmode go to Myflasdisk/user/userdata/setup and delete all 5 files there.

When you reboot, the system will ask you your language preferences as if you installed the machine for the first time. Choose the ones you like and the system will start up as normal. You' should not have the freeze problem again. You may see in igo that it shows another region or country when done this move. Just go into destination/adresses and change the country and city to your preference and you have a brand spanking new and full working system.

CONSTANT REBOOTING: Other users have found workarounds for this already. It requires you to boot into testmode delete Myflasdisk/user/userdata/igo/save directory. Then if this is not sufficient you may need to put the universal igo license file into Myflasdisk/APL2/igo/content/license without deleting the Pioneer one.

The universal license file can be found by searching the forum.

I really worked my a.. of to get this worked out but it would be the biggest hassle and unnecessary cost to have my unit sent to Pioneer.

Hope this works for you all. Good luck.

For moderators: You may want to sticky this so that I am saved from writing this over and over and AVIC owners are ssaved from sending their units back to Pioneer to have reflashed. :wink:

Thanks alien2000a!,..

I think those are not my case. I'm not able to boot in, even test mode. I've tried but is not possible. Moreover, today the system is not even trying to start, yesterday some times, i could see lights in the buttons and I could hear the fan noise lower when trying to boot, but today nothing, fan working and that's all, no matter how many times I've tried to push reset button, nothing happens, so I'm afraid service is the only option to me.

Thanks anyway, I've a little bit scared about how many people are experiencing this kind of problems, seems that this happen more often than should be. Once I'd have news from Pioneer service, I'll let you all know,..

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. After the car stands overnight I turn the key to start the car and the unit starts up like normal with the splash screen and the button and knob illumination lights up and then after about 10 seconds the screen goes blank and the button and knob illumination goes dead. If I drive the car to the corner of my street and shut the car off and restart it the unit boots up normally. I am thinking it might be a battery problem? It may not be getting the correct voltage after standing overnight. But when the Alternator starts working everything is OK. Any comments. No bypass no MODS installed. virgin unit with 2.0 installed.

Over the weekend my F-900BT died :( I was driving to numerous places and just as I was leaving the last place to go home, when I started my car the typical splash screen came up and this the screen just went blank. I tried to reboot a few times by turning off the car and restarting but had no luck so I tried the reset button... again no luck. I called Pioneer and their only response was to have me send the unit in. This sucks!!!

I'll update on what happens here.

HELP!!!! My 700BT did the same exact thing today and Pioneer wants me to "box it and send it"

Is there anything that can be done without sending it to them??

Thank you!!!!

Jon

My F90BT is doing the same thing. 1 in about 60 tries, it will work. I use the term "work" loosely, as the navigation appears to be stuck on a spot that I have not been in for 3 days. Otherwise it will reboot, show booting for 8 to 12 seconds, go blank for 2 seconds, then reboot again. Pioneer SERIOUSLY needs to start noting these problems. This is annoying as hell, and I can't seem to find a fix.

I miss my D3. Never should have bought this stupid piece of $h!7.

• 2 weeks later...