AVIC411.com

Installation in Florida!!

I want to thank everyone in this thread for providing me with much needed assistance. I figured I would end the thread by reporting that I ended up finding what I believe is a very good cost for an F series install from what seems to be a good shop. The guy at the shop suggested that I find the harness and dash kit online rather than them supplying it which would save me some cash, which it certainly did. Now, the total cost of the install will be $122. Of course, I had to pay for the harness and dash kit on my own (which is running me approx 90 bucks). Therefore, the grand total for the install and parts that I bought is $215.

Gainesville is a nice little 2 hour ride from me, but I think $40 worth of gas will be well worth it. Also, the ride back with my new F90BT will be a lot of fun!

Gatorpa - thank you VERY much for the name of what appears to be a good shop with very reasonable prices.

Orangeman, you're welcome! I was fortunate to find him myself and am loving the system. Make sure when you come up and it is game day, get here early (depending on game time), 75 gets crowded. And as far as things to do, the mall is nearby, unfortunately no sports bar close by. :cry:

Good luck and be sure to install the V.2.0 upgrade while you are there with him.

Take care

I posted it before, but both Car Toys and Best Buy were $300 +

Car Toys:

Head Unit install: $250

GPS Wire Run: $50

Bluetooth wire run: $50

HD Radio: $50

=============

Total: $400 + tax

Best Buy:

Head Unit install: $200 (guess they included the wire)

Bluetooth wire Run: $50

HD Radio: $60

=============

Total: $310 + tax

That's not including the Wire Harness, Facia Adaptor, Antenna Splitter, Antenna Adaptor.

I ordered the the above bits plus a couple tools and wiring kit for $100 and did the job myself, very pleased looks great.