AVIC411.com

start up kinda slow?

After a few seconds my radio comes on, but it probably takes about 30 secodns or so for it to fully boot. If I'm going somewhere that I need to program the nav for to begin with chances are it's going to be a long trip anyway and the extra minute will not effect me.

mikebaby
it will play anything but the libary (of course) about 2-3 seconds after u start up, but a full boot is about 60-90 seconds..

today i tried XM, Sirius,and even TV will all play moment key is started.. others work after boot up.. maby needs a firmware update..
[quote name="BoCaPiMp"]it will play anything but the libary (of course) about 2-3 seconds after u start up, but a full boot is about 60-90 seconds..

today i tried XM, Sirius,and even TV will all play moment key is started.. others work after boot up.. maby needs a firmware update..[/quote]

Are you able to change channels on the radio or Sat radio before it's booted, or do you only get to hear what it was previously tuned to? Is nav the only feature that isn't available until 60-90 seconds? I wonder if it's just the GPS waiting to acquiring satellites?
  • 5 weeks later...
I am glad someone showed me this site, i was getting ready to return mine because it take 30sec+ to boot up i thought there was something wrong with it.
Does anyone know why or if they are going to fix it? I assumed that it might be the HD spinning up or some thing but i had a D1 before and it would come on instantly and that has nothing to do with the source of Software so why is the Z1 so slow?

By the way hello from the FNG :D