AVIC411.com

Touchscreen registering multiple presses

I was reading through some of the common and unresolved issues threads and didn't see this one mentioned, so here goes:

On only one area of the screen (upper mid right), it keeps registering multiple screen presses it seems. This is where the P. CH < > buttons are on HD radio, and where the Category < > buttons are on XM. If i try using these buttons, it constantly will register 2, 3, sometimes as much as 5 presses. Only about 25% of the time will it only register 1 press. This hasn't happened with any other function on the radio, just with these buttons which happen to be on the same part of the screen. Anyone else having this issue? Do i just have a defective screen?

• 6 months later...

the same thing started happening to me once the weather started getting warmer. I noticed (on mine at least) it isnt do "multiple screen presses" rather it thinks you are holding your finger down on the screen. I've found if i press the screen and release slowly, for the most part it acts normally. But i know what you mean, it acts like you are do "multiple screen presses". You can also try recalibrating your screen too.