AVIC411.com

Playstation Video Prolem

I had a very similar problem when I attempted my 360 with my original Avic back in June. Basically, try running some other video source into the unit that is NOT powered by the car (ie, an iPod, PSP, camcorder, anything that you plug into the AV input that is battery powered). If you don't get the distortion, then you know it has to do with the power inverter you are using for the Playstation. Most inverters are not a true sine wave inverter (Ones that are, are VERY expensive) and will not be giving the system true alternating current and will be feeding it a modified sine wave. This is fine for purely AC devices (Lamps, fans, etc) but for things that require AC>DC conversion and have video output, you could be looking at wavy lines and possibly static audio if the inverter is not of high quality.

Of course also check your video interconnects and make sure they are not too close to anything putting out a ton of interference. For me, I was able to greatly reduce the video distortion by jiggling the crap out of the wires and routing the video cable away from all other wires (audio interconnects included). Though, there was always a SLIGHT bit of static moving up the screen but hardly noticeable.

Thanks for the help. My Ipod plays video through it fine so I dont think its the wiring. I forgot to mention though that the time i got the static i was powering my ps2 from a regular wall outlet because a friend had my inverter at the time. If I run it off my inverter is there anyway that could fix the static.

• 1 year later...

I am having this same problem right now. If I use my ps2 powered either through the wall outlet or an inverter I get this static lines on the screen. I plugged in my computer using the same cables and no static lines. I tried the ps2 going directly into the back of the f700bt and also with extension cables. Both had the same issue. The ps2 has no issues plugged into my tv. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!