AVIC411.com

I recently installed a f90 in my car and when I drive around and listen to the ipod or watch a dvd the sound cuts out for a little bit periodically. This is extremely annoying so I pulled the HU out 1000 times checking connections and no difference. I then realized that it only happened when the nav had a route. If I deleted the route, no problem. I changed the english US TTS to Jason thinking that'd help but no dice. Voice volume is off on my nav with no difference. Does anyone else experience this? Can I never listen to my iPod without interference and have my nav running? HELP?

I recently installed a f90 in my car and when I drive around and listen to the ipod or watch a dvd the sound cuts out for a little bit periodically. This is extremely annoying so I pulled the HU out 1000 times checking connections and no difference. I then realized that it only happened when the nav had a route. If I deleted the route, no problem. I changed the english US TTS to Jason thinking that'd help but no dice. Voice volume is off on my nav with no difference. Does anyone else experience this? Can I never listen to my iPod without interference and have my nav running? HELP?

The key there is that "Voice volume is off on my nav with no difference."

With the voice volume off, the unit still trigger's a navigation alert, thus causing a dip in the volume of your AV source, if you turn your voice audio back up, the dip will be replaced with the audible alert.

Well, if he does not want voice navigation at all, IMHO the optimal solution (not involving any hacks) would be to go to AV Settings screen and change MUTE Input/GUIDE option to Normal. Then the syustem will not mute music when it is saying instructions...