AVIC411.com

F900BT w/ G35 - Bose amp not working? No to little sound

Hey Guys

I recently purchased a AVIC-F900BT and installed it into an Infiniti G35 w/ Bose. I used the metra 7551 wiring harness to keep the factory Bose amp. http://www.metraonline.com/products.aspx?s=7551 and the CD-IU230V ipod cable.

Upon wiring everything I tested the radio and it worked, sound is coming from all speakers but very low. When maxing out the volume on the f900bt, it isn't very loud, I cant even hear anything until I raise it to at least 45.

When using the IPOD connection, nothing is heard at all. Where could I have gone wrong? I didn't use the speaker wires, but used the pig tales(to retain the amp). If the amp wasn't powered then I wouldn't be getting anything out of the speakers at all right?

Also, does the f900bt come with a trim plate? The F900BT doesn't properly fit w/ the JDM Double Din kit, there's a bit of a gap.

Thanks!

suck it up and spend some money on a regular harness (w/ speaker wire inputs) and an adjustable line out converter. Peripheral makes a nice one called the SVEN4 which gives you speaker wire in and out for just this occasion. Will give you proper level into factory bose amp and eliminate any engine noise/whine you may get w/ the plug you used.

Also, next time consider professional installation.

suck it up and spend some money on a regular harness (w/ speaker wire inputs) and an adjustable line out converter. Peripheral makes a nice one called the SVEN4 which gives you speaker wire in and out for just this occasion. Will give you proper level into factory bose amp and eliminate any engine noise/whine you may get w/ the plug you used.

Thanks for the reply. I may be able to get the unit swapped for the f90bt, would this solve my issue? or will I still need to change to a regular harness w/ the line out converter?

Rice you can probably get away with the Metra 70-7551 hardness and the F90BT which has a Preout of 4 Volts vs. 2.2 Volts pushed by the F900BT (which is my case)

I personally just ordered the line out converter recommended by GQRilla for my F900BT so hopefully that does resolve my problem.

Good luck

I got my F90BT professionally installed at Circuit City. They used the wrong harness and I had to go back in myself to install the 7551 harness to correct the problem.