AVIC411.com

Montaineer 05 Dash Removal

Does anyone have information on how to removal dash parts, specifically the front panel around the unit?

I found some threads on bypassing after a full custom install, but the dash on the Mountaineer seems pretty hard to remove.

I'd apperciate any insight. Thank you,

i know on the exlporers. you just pull the whole bezel straight out towards you. there are just pins that hold the radio in. i doubt the mountianeers are that different. just dont pull out too far because you need to disconnect the wires. i can check at work tomorrow to be exact for you. there should be 2 screws on the bottom of the radio holding it in.

same as the explorer. just use a vinyl or plastic pry tool. but pull it straight out towards you. dont pry down on it or you will leave indents in surrounding dash foam that are quite difficult to get out once you make them

(by the way, ive got some headrests you might be interestd in :D )

All,

Thanks for the input guys. I've looked all around the bezel and I couldn't find any screws. It's only got 40,000 miles on it so, things haven't loosened up yet, so that bezel is pretty stout.

Before I attempt anymore, I'm going to look for that pry tool online. I would think the pry tool distributed the pressure, not cracking anything. Not something Sears would have I assume?

Iviuzzy,

Thanks, have you come up with anything else that may impeed just carefully prying the bezel out?

MisFit,

Headrests... with monitors? Those would be awsome, but my fieance and I are about to get married, so funds are slim. But if you still have them after the new year, that may be a different story.

i just pulled the bezel off on a car that was traded in an 05 with low milage.

it came right off. i used a tiny screw driver so it didnt indent the plastic on the dash. once it started i put my hand back and pulled straight off. good luck. if i get a chance ill send the page from the Factory service manual to you if interested