AVIC411.com

Gracenote updated

Did the update without a problem. :)

What burning software did you use? I have Nero 7 and the update does the same thing as the last time I attempted the update. I put the CD in, my Z3 sees it and reports 'Checking Disc." After about 5-10 seconds it says CD Rom inserted and does nothing. I let it sit for about 5 minutes or more and still nothing. If I change the tuner to XM, Library or FM I cannot get back to CD. The DVD choice is darkened out. As for the format I chose to burn it with, Mode 1 & ISO 9660 + Joliet. Am I missing something? Anyone want to mail me their CD that worked?

What burning software did you use? I have Nero 7 and the update does the same thing as the last time I attempted the update. I put the CD in, my Z3 sees it and reports 'Checking Disc." After about 5-10 seconds it says CD Rom inserted and does nothing. I let it sit for about 5 minutes or more and still nothing. If I change the tuner to XM, Library or FM I cannot get back to CD. The DVD choice is darkened out. As for the format I chose to burn it with, Mode 1 & ISO 9660 + Joliet. Am I missing something? Anyone want to mail me their CD that worked?

I also use Nero. Just download the zipfile, unzip the file and burn the separate files in the root of the CD.

(I assume you did unzip the file ?... :? )

Start Nero 7 and go to the Applications section (under Nero StartSmart) and select Nero Burning ROM.

You should get the Nero Burning ROM window and a second window – New Compilation.

In the second window select CD-ROM (ISO).

Select the ISO tab and make sure that the Data Mode is set for Mode 1 and File System is set at ISO 9660 + Joliet. At the bottom of the second window select New.

Now the first window will have two sections. The left side is called ISO1 and the right side is called Browsers. In the Browser side, select where you downloaded and extracted the Gracenote files, highlight and drag the six files over into the ISO1 side under the tab Name. Then at the top of the window click Burn. A new window will appear named Burn Compilation. Here you can name the disc or what else you want and then click Burn at the bottom of the window. That’s it, hope this helps.

Yep. Done all that. Unzipped and even burnt the way the last post described. I have tried relaxing the settings (Unchecking the character settings, etc.) but it didn't matter. I even tried different media, a different burner and an older copy of Nero. All with the same results.

Checking Disc.......CD-Rom inserted.

djmixmac, do you have a native Z3 or was yours a Z1 or 2 upgraded to a Z3? I'm wondering if this is a Z3 issue or just an issue with me. If anyone has a Z3 that they have upgraded the CDDB on, and would be willing to mail me their CD, I would be very appreciative.

Ok, I just did the update and it worked. I put the Cd in and after some time it said "Cd inserted"....then nothing. I just thought, great, my update doesnt work either. I left the CD in and started driving to the store. After backing out of my drive way, the update started.

To make a long story short...after the "cd inserted" message came up, did you wait about a minute? It takes some time to start the update progress.