AVIC411.com

Mile Es is so annoying, IT'S MILES DAMMIT!

While I'm satisfied with my F700BT and everything except for voice control works as advertised, Samantha (the navi TTS voice) is driving me nuts.

TomTom did not do that, my Mom's Acura navi doesn't do that, why does Pioneer do that?

How could something so simple not be fixed after two updates? Are they releasing a new TTS update?

While I'm satisfied with my F700BT and everything except for voice control works as advertised, Samantha (the navi TTS voice) is driving me nuts.

TomTom did not do that, my Mom's Acura navi doesn't do that, why does Pioneer do that?

How could something so simple not be fixed after two updates? Are they releasing a new TTS update?

Just goes to show you that nobody does any quality control anymore.

Having said that, either change to feet for your units of measure, or download the hacked Samantha voice from the Hacks subforum.

If you do not want the other changes, you can easily change one confdig file to stop Samantha from doing this...

In APL2\iGO\Content\Voice there's a file called Voice_TTS-nua-eng-us-f1.zip (config file for female US TTS voice).

Inside, you'll find distances_yd.csv file -- controls speech when miles/yards are selected as units.

If you look at it you'll see that geniuses (not sure if Nuance or Pioneer tho) put "mile,s" instead of "miles" everywhere where it wants to say miles. Comma causes TTS system to insert a pause between mile and "ess"...