AVIC411.com

Search current area for ALL restaurant types

By default, when you search for a restaurant you have to specify a type(American, Barbecue, Chinese). These categories are held inside the sub-ground "Other/Restaurant Area".

By default, you are unable to search for all restaurant types unless you specify which style of food you are looking for. However, if you make a new group inside "Restaurant" alongside "Other/Restaurant Area" and name it something like "All Restaurants" and place all the POIs in that category, I believe that will allow you to search for any style of restaurant close by.

This may not be a big 'wow' to some, but I thought it might be helpful. I would find it convenient if I didn't know what I wanted to eat and I could just find out ANY restaurant close to me, regardless of the style of food.

In any case, to do this we'll have to get all the POI's out of the subcategories and add them again to the new group. What are the options to get these into that group? When I get in from work I'm going to look around in testmode for a POI folder-- is there such a thing? How are the POI's actually stored inside the flash memory?

When you get to the "search" screen before you select resturant or anything else, down at the bottom of the screen the "Search" button is readily available.

Selecting search then will search all categories and find you hopefully what you need.

Though, you must spell in correctly, these units don't give you "best match"

Yes. It's just one of those things that whoever created the Pioneer skin for iGO did not think about.

It looks like most of the default code is still there (they left most of original skin untouched) so it should be only a matter of dropping a button on thу screen and connecting it to a correct state.

Well, not 100% perfect cosmetically... I think buttons would look better if placed in different corners rather than next to each other.

But just goes to show you that almost anything you can think of, you probably can do with iGO...