AVIC411.com

data.zip questions

I am really getting into making some changes in this thing and having a lot of fun.

My question is how much of this data.zip file can we get rid of with out ill effects. I guess I can just start deleting as long as I back up but I was wondering what everyone is getting rid of.

I no there is a ton of code you can delete in the .ui file which helps making changes less confusing.

What about all the extra .bmp's in the ui_pioneer/800_400 and ui_pioneer/common folders. Seems like a lot of those bmp's were part of some other build or skin.

The 2.0's skin file is _much_ cleaner than the original one. Still, there are things like NavNGo's logo, their original loading screen, etc. Those could probably be removed with no ill effects. You could also remove things like battery icons, GPS status (unless you want to put it on screen), TMC status (unless you are in Europe where you get TMC instead of MSN) etc.