AVIC411.com

Changing blue boxes into a button

Hi, I'm nervous about playing around with my data.zip file, and I was hoping one of you AVIC hacking gurus could help me. I'd like to change the big, squarish top/left blue box into a delete route button. Can someone please point me into the right direction?

I'd appreciate it very, very much. :)

Well... If you're not comfortable with touching your data.zip file you might not want to try this but I'll point you in the right direction. Carefully read the faq and sticky topics in this subforum!

In the file data.zip/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui/navigatemap_800_480.ui you will find the blue background image on line 87, it looks like this:

The part you want to change is the onrelease='SAYNEXTCOMMAND' bit. Change it so it reads: onrelease='run sc_btnARM_Delete_OnRelease', the line will look like this:

Hope this helps :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I just installed the latest update (orange dot) and I still have the dreaded blue boxes. I borrowed a cheap tomtom and was jealous that the small screen was clear of clutter. This big Pioneer screen would look nice without those annoying blue boxes! Didn't they know it was a concern of the F series crowd? Why would they not address it?