AVIC411.com

Is my installer screwing me up?

I went to this audio install place and have the guy installed my Avic F90bt. So I've paid $100 bucks for the installation. Now I have ps2 already custom mounted in my glove box along with ipod connector which I've previously used with my D2 before and never have problem. Now I asked him to connect those to F90 and he did. But when I test them out, my ipod is on ext1 and don't display any song title or playlist. PS2 is working fine on Video 1. He said I have to choose if I want ipod display audio information, he will connect it to the video 1 and ps2 won't play. WTF? I see Video 1 and Video 2. Why can't he connect it the PS2 to Video 2 and connect the ipod to Video 1? Doesn't it work? He said no. There is only 1 audio/video input. Is that true? I am pretty sure that's not right.

My second question is, the pioneer ipod cable. I don't remember the cable part # but the ipod cable I've used with my D2, is that the same cable that comes with F90bt ipod cable? or is it different? If it's different, I will change it the cable.

When it comes down to audio parts, I am really noob. So help me out guys.

Oh yea, I have to go back to him coz he messed up my bypass and the unit keep saying my parking brake cable is connected wrong or something like that. Thanks for all your help.

the f90bt comes with the pioneer usb ipod cable. the old style box one you had for the d2 doesnt work correctly with it. either he swiped your ipod cable that came with the90bt or he didnt install it and left it in the box. you will need a splitter in order to run ipod and the ps2. you will need to select ipod or video on the av menu screen if you want to use one or the other.

pop in the owner's manual disc and look up the install instructions for connections and you'll see how the ipod cable connects.

the f90bt comes with the pioneer usb ipod cable. the old style box one you had for the d2 doesnt work correctly with it. either he swiped your ipod cable that came with the90bt or he didnt install it and left it in the box. you will need a splitter in order to run ipod and the ps2. you will need to select ipod or video on the av menu screen if you want to use one or the other.

pop in the owner's manual disc and look up the install instructions for connections and you'll see how the ipod cable connects.

There is an AV2 input, its the one on the front that looks like a headphone jack. The cable you will need for the front input is the CD-RM10. Use that for the PS2 set to VIDEO on AV2 and the ipod cable that came with the unit on AV1 set to IPOD. And yes, the bypass is done incorrectly, have him fallow the instructions on this site to do it right.

what you gotta do is get 3 Y adapters... it's a pain in the ass, but you'd have to keep switching from ipod to video 1 every time you wanna use the source. there are 2 video inputs, but like said, one is on the front. therefore, you'd have to get 3 Y adapters, put each one into one of the 3 RCA inputs, then attach your 2 video sources..... (yellow yellow, white white, red red)... it's the only way itll work.

Ok. so I bought 3 y splitter and tried to install them myself. Found out that my mute wire is not attached to anything. I did move the mute wire to 2nd row 4 port even though it's not connecting to anything. Then I install all the y splitter and I can circle between ipod and ps2 but I only have sound from one side. I thought may be the splitter is defective, so I bought some more and replace them. Still audio came out from only one side. Am I doing something wrong or the pioneer doesn't like splitting signal?