AVIC411.com

Can someone please help me? Navigation voice stops music

In the past I could listen to my ipod/radio/etc. without interruption from the voice navigation; it would just say it over the music and not completely mute whatever I was listening to in order to tell me where to turn. I don't know what happened but now it completely mutes everything coming out of my speakers and then gives voice guidance (kind of what it does for a Bluetooth cellphone when it mutes everything for an incoming call).

Does anybody know why this is happening? I tried looking through every menu on the D3 and I couldn't find anything that deals with this issue, only adjusting the volume of the voice itself.

Thanks for any input...

This is confusing because the setting (which is in the volume settings along with beep volume and guide volume) is called something like "navigation voice mute" or something but what it means is should the music be muted when the nav voice has something to say. Turn it off and your music won't mute when a turn is being announced.

• 2 weeks later...