AVIC411.com

Zooming issue after 2.0 update

I was wondering if anyone else has seen the issue I've been experiencing since the 2.0 upgrade.

Three or four times i have had the Zoom "stuck" either zoomed all the way in or zoomed all the way out. When I go to the map view it will start at the standard zoom level and automatically zoom all the way in (or all the way out). If I choose to view entire route on screen it will do the same thing. It does this in both 2D and 3D.

Apparently, the only way to stop it from doing this is to reboot - PIA on the highway.

I have not changed the "smart zoom" settings from default. I have not made any mods to the device (AVIC-F900BT).

Has anyone else seen this?

Haven't seen that, but I have seen some really weird stuff. Seems like there's always one component that just won't work right. So, I do a reset with the switch on the front and then things seem to get back to (somewhat) normal for a while. Try a reset to see if that doesn't fix it for you.

• 2 months later...

Yeah. I had that when I first installed the unit. I don't know if this is the cure but I went into the smart zoom settings by pressing the wrench and limited the zoom out to 200meters/miles. It doesn't seem to zoom out to the globe anymore