AVIC411.com

Voice Guidance issues

I am running into an issue with the voice guidance where it is constantly telling me to keep right. When I am on the freeway it is telling me to keep right and when I am on a service road trying to enter a freeway it would say something like "keep right onto highway" even though I am supposed to go left.

Also I couldn't find it anywhere but is there an option to limit the amount of prompts from the voice guidance?

Any ideas?

Thanks

You do realise that the unit is using iGO 8 currently, just with a bit different TTS setup than normal (Nuance as opposed to Loquendo).

This being said, you can open command.csv file in the voice configuration zip and chanhge it to say pretty much anything...

You do realise that the unit is using iGO 8 currently, just with a bit different TTS setup than normal (Nuance as opposed to Loquendo).

This being said, you can open command.csv file in the voice configuration zip and chanhge it to say pretty much anything...

As far as that goes what is it using for a marker to trigger that particular command in the csv file? I see some numbers under Iconid but I am not sure how that works. I guess I will need to experiment.

It seems that vocal/iconid corresponds to the direction indicators displayed on screen (i.e. 0 is for "straight" arrow, even if it is used in what the unit considers different situations -- continuing straight, continuing on the highway, etc.).

I imagine that a change in _current_ navigation advice triggers first notice, and then cit checks conditions in distance column to repeat and/or change directions (turn in XXX miles, prepare to turn, etc.