AVIC411.com

How do you expand the MSV Partition with a 60gb hd?

Can someone give instructions STEP BY STEP? I unlocked and upgraded to the Z3 on my Toshiba 60gb hard drive. I have Acronis True Image Home (trial version) downloaded on my computer, as well as the 2.5" to 3.5" Hard Drive adapter (both the IDE and USB). But all the posts I've read thus far has not been too helpful.

Can somebody please shed some light? If not I guess I'll have to settle for less music on my Z3...

:roll:

Thanks for the response but I haven't used Acronis much so I'm a little lost.

I have the Z3 hd plugged in and when I click on My Computer, I see the TFAT D, TFAT E, TFAT F and TFAT G.

After I open Acronis and click on "Backup and Restore" it says "No items on display". I click on "Operations" on the top and click "Restore" and I get a new pop up screen that says "Restore Wizard" which also says "No items on display". I click "Browse" and I see the D, E, F and G drive. And that's as far as I can get.... I can't seem to select any folders and when I click on the D it opens all the other folders. I don't think I'm heading in the right direction.

Any help would be appreciated.

:?:

No, I didn't... I'm embarrassed to say I couldn't. I got the Z3 working; just not the expanded hard drive. For me, it was more about knowing that I could do it (follow directions, which clearly I can't)

I'm not too concerned about maxing out the hd though, cause when I went from the Z1 to the Z2 upgrade, I noticed that I burned a total of 3 cd's. I use the XM and the iPod for the most part. Maybe in the spring, when it gets warmer, I'll give it another crack. :o