AVIC411.com

Wheres the Owners Manual?

As kmbrun57 said, it should have had a CD included with the headunit that had the Operation Manual on it. If your unit didn't include it, it makes me wonder how well "sealed" it was.

Conversely, you can go to the Pioneer site and download a PDF (that you could then print out should you need to go to that extreme) of both the Operation Manual and the Installation Manual as well.

It did come with the CD, and it was SEALED. I can usually tell if somethings been tampered with, I just like reading the paper manuals its so much easier than reading it off a computer screen...hate taking my laptop out to the car, would be alot easier to take a book

Funny, you started this thread slamming Pioneer by whining that you spent $1200 on the unit (a scary thought since it should have been a lot cheaper - especially from an eBay vendor), and it didn't come with an owners manual. Then when specifically asked, you say it came with a CD.

So, it DID come with an owners manual then. Unless this is the first electronic product you've purchased in the last few years, many companies are opting to just include a CD with the owners manual on it, or giving the customer the option to download it from their website. On units like this one especially as it is quite detailed and long, and many folks may not even be interested in one or more of the feautres.

I personally think it's a great idea as most owners are far too lazy to even glance at the owners manual because they are sooooo intelligent in they ways of 21st century electronics. Of course most of them post up on forums like this later asking the most inanely simple questions that they would be able to locate should they have bothered to read through it in the first place.

So if you need to have a hard copy in front of you, then by all means print out the manual from the CD that Pioneer so graciously provided to you. As a help to the environment, why not only print out the portions you need while you're at it - save a tree and feel better!

But please don't post saying you didn't receive an owners manual trying to dredge up angst against Pioneer or these units with no merit.

Cheers,

Kev

It confused the hell out of me as well there was no PAPER PRINTED user manual. This has to be a first for any piece of electronics.

I bought mine in June, and all that one had was the installation manual printed, and a piece of paper saying go to this website to download a copy of the operation manual.

Owell I guess save some money on the printing press.

but I would assume more then anything, they pushed this unit out so fast, even the operation manual wasn't finalized yet.

Owell, PDF is better then nothing, and updates can be provided easier.