AVIC411.com

Databus and VSS confirmation In 04 Corvette

Id like to figure out the color and location of a databus wire for a 2004 Corvette

also can anyone confirm that this:

DSC01290.jpg

is indeed the VSS wire

And is this information correct

2004 corvette

Reverse Light dk. blue - BCM, pink 32 pin plug, pin C1

Notes: The BCM is in the passenger side footwell, under the carpet.

Speed Sense dk. green/white cluster

I have an 04 Z06 and just finished installing the 700bt, which doesn't have the vss wire - so I can't be much help to you there. BUT - I may be able to help with finding +12v switched accessory power. I know you didn't mention it, but if you don't have that part figured out yet let me know. I may have a few tips (and a few pictures as well) that will save you time and effort.

You will NOT find the spare connector in the passenger side footwell that many people point to for acc power in an '04, because it doesn't exist.

- Mark

Sorry I've not been able to get back to you very quickly. I'm traveling right now for work, but I'll try to get something for you tonight.

I'm not sure what the databus is that you're referring to - sorry. My 700bt didn't have a wire for databus or the vss signal. The real PITA for me was the switched +12v signal. You will find a constant +12v on the factory radio wiring harness, but if you have the Bose system you WILL NOT find a +12v switched signal there (I'm not sure about the non-Bose though).

Some people were saying to tap into a large, heavy-gauge brown wire coming right off the ignition switch for the switch +12v. I didn't like that idea, so I searched for another source. I eventually found a wire running under the steering column that was easy to get to for the switched +12v.

Like I said, I'll see if I can get more info for you tonight and post some pics up here for you.

Later,

- Mark

Alright, sorry for the delay. Here's what I used for the +12v switched accessory power:

Look for a small bundle of wires under the steering column (you have to remove the interior panel that covers it first) - the colors should be grey, purple, pink, sea-green, and yellow. The yellow wire is switched +12v power:

3050664866_3db78f6a1b_o.jpg

I used a scotchlock connector to tap into it:

3050664944_0f3a708bbc_o.jpg