AVIC411.com

Project Idea: Rewrite the front-end for AVIC in .NET CF

Sorry guys, I don't think I will be contributing to this project at this time. I am still busy with the Launcher and work, therefore I don't time for anything else at the moment. The launcher I am working on right now is in its early stage of becoming a full frontend ui for the car interface and thus very similar to this project idea. However, I prefer not writing in .NET for several reasons. One is that you will have to install the .NET framework to the unit because the WinCE 5.0 platform on the deck is not preinstalled. I prefer to keep the pioneer deck clean rather than bulking it up. Second, .NET is going to be slower.

Even so, I am currently working on writing a wrapper for the pioneer library to communicate with the ipod,etc. I still need to do lot of work disassembling the DLL and figuring out the parameter size and types for each methods. Even though I will not be working with this project, we all can pitch in writing a wrapper for these pioneer libraries.

Hey leet,

no problem man, I understand. I've been trying to reverse-engineer the ipod library too, since I figured it would be a good start to get the Ipod player to work. As I mentioned before, I don't have that much experience with WinCE. I'm using PE Explorer, same tool I used for windows. It seems that the ipod.dll does have a bunch of useful functions, but PE Explorer does not read parameters that well:

// ActiveiPodVR; Index 1; Information not available

// AlphabetSearch; Index 2; Information not available

// AttachToDebugManager; Index 3; Information not available

// BrowseIndexedCategory; Index 4; Information not available

// CancelVR; Index 5; Information not available

// ChangeAudioBookSpeed; Index 6; Information not available

// ChangeRepeat; Index 7; Information not available

// ChangeShuffle; Index 8; Information not available

// ChangeWideScreen; Index 9; Information not available

// DeactiveiPodVR; Index 10; Information not available

"Information not available" is where the calling parameters should be listed. What tools are you using for library disassembling? I also tried finding an .exe/.dll that references Ipod.dll to see function calling conventions, but I couldn't find one.

Also, any ideas what IpodCP.dll is supposed to do?