AVIC411.com

Positive words of encouragement f 900bt

I have read these forums for no lie at least 6 hours before purchasing my f900bt and I have to say I have no problems what so ever. I am using the 2.0 firmware, I touch first generation with 2.1 software with ipod cable, xm radio, sd card, custom splash screen and full blue tooth sync and contacts with my blackberry 8830.

Its currently in a dodge magnum and fits near perfectly.

These forums can be very negative so I would like to shed a ray of hope to any future buyers.

Have a nice day

Ya know, its really nice to hear someone with a positive experience. I am the owner of a D3 with XM+NavTraffic, BT and Ipod and have also never had issues with it.

In fact, I recently came back to this forum for research concerning the upgrade to the 90BT. After reading page after page of problems, issues and unhappy people I decided to keep my D3 and not look back.

I guess it does everything I want it to, and at least for my purposes... it does everything well.

The overwelming majority of the posts in this forum were pre 2.0 update. The update just came out on Oct 29th, and the unit came out in June, so uh, thats a lot of time for opinions to be formed, word of mouth to be put out there etc. And the majority of opinions was my god this thing is a pos, it takes what seems like forever to boot up, its laggy, and all sorts of features seem to be half assed.

So now that 2.0 is out, its a great unit. I really think they should of done themselves a favor, and spared their PR nightmare by waiting 6 months to put the unit out with 2.0 firmware.

This thing was beta tested by us for 6 months, and this proves what they could of done upon initial release. It's sad it really is. I mean didn't they learn anything from MIcrosoft with vista? That os is fine now too, but uh too later, first impressions is the most important and its lasting.

Let's hope they learned their lesson.