AVIC411.com

Anyone else's iPhone 3G not disconnect from their F-series?

This is a really weird one. My iPhone 3G connects to my F700BT with no issues. However, if I turn the car off, it doesn't disconnect automatically and route the call back to the handset only. I have to pick "Audio Source" as iPhone, since "Pioneer Navi" is still selected.

Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks!

It takes around a minute or so for my iphone to acknowledge the connection lost to the f series bluetooth. The whole bluetooth voice/mic exchange seems to be quite buggy, I have never been on a phone call though when i tried to pas sit back to the headset, are you saying it wont even do it manually?

I have a feeling this is more due to the bluetooth connection not being terminated yet then anything else. It's just a time out, rather then the unti saying, shut down the connection im turning off now.

I don't think there is a fix for this, its more or less something you have to switch it tot he head set manually just before you shut the car off. That is probably the easiest way to deal with this.

It takes around a minute or so for my iphone to acknowledge the connection lost to the f series bluetooth. The whole bluetooth voice/mic exchange seems to be quite buggy, I have never been on a phone call though when i tried to pas sit back to the headset, are you saying it wont even do it manually?

I have a feeling this is more due to the bluetooth connection not being terminated yet then anything else. It's just a time out, rather then the unti saying, shut down the connection im turning off now.

I don't think there is a fix for this, its more or less something you have to switch it tot he head set manually just before you shut the car off. That is probably the easiest way to deal with this.

Yes, I can do it manually, but it's odd that my previous Pioneer BT stereo would just pass the audio back to the iPhone 3G, whereas the AVIC won't....

Thanks for the reply...

The Parrot Bluetooth chipset isn't sending a signal to the handset to disconnect the Bluetooth when the ignition is turned off.

Hopefully a future firmware update to the Bluetooth software will fix this problem (among others).

That just boggles my mind (along with the awful way of changing call volume while in a call - you should be able to turn the volume dial!!).