AVIC411.com

After discovering this great forum I tried to change the dog-sound warning for speedcams. Tried to add it in the directy structure and made a new data.zip file as well. The first method didn't work, still a barking sound while approaching a speedcam (and there a loads of them here in the Netherlands). The second option made my european (v1.9) f700bt never get out of the startup procedure (waited for 5 minutes).

Has anyone else managed to change the warning sound on an european unit?

You can just mkdir AUDIO in APL2/iGo, and put any sound (WAV) file named !alert5.wav. This file will replace stock DOG BARKING sound.

It's easier way than replace sound file in DATA.zip, because you can simple backup factory settings at any time you need - just delete newest sound file from AUDIO folder.

• 3 weeks later...

i searched the forum and did not really find an idiot proof solution to the dog barking sound. unfortunately i do not really understand the solution by ShineOn...

could someone please post a step by step guide (or at least the place where i can find the dog barking wav in the data.zip) on how to replace the dog barking sound with a normal sound?

Explore your DATA.ZIP file and the first folder you will see is AUDIO. Inside that folder is !alert5. Take any .WAV file you want and rename it !alert5. Drag the new file into the AUDIO folder in the DATA.ZIP and select YES when it ask you to replace it, thats it. Copy the new DATA.ZIP to your unit and that will kill the dog. Below is the file I used that I posted to this forum to solve this problem. Its near the end of the thread.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=45

Ok, I managed to change the sound. Bu now, whenever I approach a speedcam the sound starts playing. But not once, but many times with a very short interval. That way the sound gets all mixed up en becomes a spaghetti of noise!?

It will only go nuts like that if your speeding. Thats the point, similar to a radar detector. If your not speeding it will only give you the "soft alert" as you approach the cam.

• 2 weeks later...