AVIC411.com

Everything Works but Screen Won't Open?

Hi All,

I have a N2 with a N3 brain. Been working awesome with no problems, I always have the screen pop out when start the car because I am always adjusting sound settings. Was listening to some AC/DC on the way to the office this morning and everything worked great. Got in my car to grab some lunch and the screen wouldn't open. Hit the reset button lost sound quality and it still won't open. I need the screen to open so I can configure the sound and use the NAV (which I use every day).

Any Ideas? There was no warnings of any problems at all.

Thanks in advance...Nsurenu

Yeh, It could be a problem with the Ribbon cable. My screen wouldn't come out either or it would just come out a little bit. I would pull it out manually when I hit the open button. It would retract fine, but wouldn't open correctly.

Everything worked fine except for the screen not coming out.

I replaced the Flex Ribbon cable and it fixed the issue.

It's funny, this morning I jumped in my car, started it and the screen came out. I changed the setting to manual control of the screen right away and reconfigured everything. I'm rocking again disturbing my neighbors! LOL

Go figure, 40 years old and still disturbing the neighbors. Life is great!!!! :wink:

Thanks for you help. I will get a new ribbon and replace it soon!

post-18841-12872756355177_thumb.jpg