AVIC411.com

Change Splash Backgroundand save them to the setting. Steps

Ok. I just got my F900 man this radio is so damn hard to mess with. Im better off with the kenwood. Any way if you want to change the slash Do these steps very easy.

1. Make sure u have the test mode loaded on SD card. If you dont go to search and type in Test mode and make sure its for the F-Series.

2.Take a pic or background you like and save it on your S.D Card as a Jpeg or Jpg.

3. Make sure the radio is off and Put the SD card in.

4. Let the radio read the test mode

5. Go to programs & click windows explorer

6. Then click on Storage card & open it up.

7. copy all the background & Pic you want by highlighting all the files you want with ur finger then to copy it click edit then copy same goes for paste.

8. click the back botton or file to go back to all your files and Click on My Flash Disk open that up

8. then click on Data open that up

9. Then click on splashpic. Then copy all the Pic or backrounds you want on there. "Yes" U can always go in and change them and delete them.

Now you done turn off the car and take out the SD card Now you have the Splash save into the radio setting. Enjoy..

post-25081-12872756348455_thumb.jpg

post-25081-1287275635106_thumb.jpg

Why would you want to go through all this trouble when you can import images from SD or USB right from the settings screen?

Just create a folder called "Pictures" on SD or USB and place the images you want to use as a splashscreen in that folder. On the settings screen select "Import from SD" or "Import from USB". This is described in the manual.

So, do not mess with test mode if you only want to change the splash screen!

So does that mean if you use the settings to change the splash picture, you have to keep the card in? I don't have my unit yet.

Thanks

No it does not. Once you upload it from the SD card (or USB) it is saved to the unit and you can remove the card.

What he is accomplishing by doing it this way is being able to have several different pics saved on the unit at once. That way he doesn't have to use the USB or SD card to change to a different custom splash screen everytime he changes it.

Yes another reason for me doin it that way, Not just cause now I have more pic in the unit and i dont have to keep on putting in the SD or USB card is that Im having soo much problem just putting the pic in the radio by usb or sd card.. I tryed jpg bmp or wha ever and it says theres no pic on the sd card.. Now plz can some 1 tell me how to add them by SD card or usb like wha format do i use. Cuz I tried all

Yes another reason f ............. Cuz I tried all

On the SD/USB put all pic's in a folder called "Pictures", poi downloaded in a folder called "POI", and music files in folder called "Music".

The unit needs all info organized so that it's not randomly searching all the files on the SD/USB, which could be a lot. Without the information compiled on the SD/USB in this fashion it would be major waste of resources. 8)