AVIC411.com

I have a 2006 Scion tC and a 900BT. I get virtually no AM reception. There's a power wire (blue) coming out of the head unit labeled power antenna. I can't find anything to hook it to...

From everything I"ve read, my car doesn't have a powered antenna. I have a small black whip antenna on the back.

Does anyone know if the tC has two antennas? One in the glass and one on the back deck? Do I have to hook up the blue antenna power from the head unit? How can I get AM reception???

Thanks in advance.

You need to check on a Scion website in all practicality; there may be 1 or 2 other Scion drivers on this board that have any knowledge of your issue.

Usually the antenna amplifier that you were speaking of is for both AM and FM.. so if FM works and AM doesn't, then its unlikely you have an antenna amplifier.

I'm not really clear about Scions, but did the factory radio even have AM tuning? It may be that the antenna isn't tuned for AM reception at all. The other possibility is that there is a second seperate antenna jack behind the dash for AM reception through someother antenna in the car.

Did you do the install yourself? Did you notice a second antenna jack?

yes the scion does have an amplified antenna. if you look at the wire thats taped to the antenna plug, thats it. it needs to be connected to the blue wire on the avic. if you used a harness to plug into the factory one, then there should be a blue wire to connect it to. if you cut the factory plug then you need to trace that wire to the one connected to the antenna.

thats what i remember from a scion tc and xb, dont know bout the xa or xd