AVIC411.com

almost pre purchase info

Hello All,

I took the plunge today and ordered my f700. Hopefully this new firmware si as good as it appears. I was wondering what problems youguys were encountering withthe ipod touch. I found issues on here with losing connection. I know that is supposed to be worked out, correct? I am assumning that is similar to what I am encountering with my older Alpine. I have to wake up the touch all the time when it's been off for a while. Can anyone tell me if you can create a genius playlist from the head unit on the fly? This willbe my first Nav install. Is the GPS antenae just a plug and play thing, or a little more? Any suggestions in an f150 for placement of this antennae? Also, for those interested, I looked around here and found what appeared to be favorable recommendations for Al-Eds. Ihope they are as good as they sounded. Great price too. Got it for $497. Already shipped out too. Sale until Sunday or Monday, I can't recall. Will let you know how I make out. :)

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me if you can create a genius playlist from the head unit on the fly? Is the GPS antenae just a plug and play thing, or a little more? Any suggestions in an f150 for placement of this antennae?

you can't. yes. roof.

you don't need to make more threads everytime you need to ask a new question.

Thanks for the info. However, I got to say I don't think I will hang around here much. I can't "make a new thread to ask questions."? How am I supposed to ask a question? Yes I searched. This forum has got be the worst one I have been on for jumping on people for not using search asking questions etc. Have you guys ever stepped back and taken a look at how many times you get on people with the search issue in the first or second reply to a question? If you don't want new members, just stop registering people. I have been on Powerstroke forums, F150 forums, AV forums, Dodge forums, and usually the first response to a new poster is a welcome, not a criticism.

Thanks for the info. However, I got to say I don't think I will hang around here much. I can't "make a new thread to ask questions."? How am I supposed to ask a question? Yes I searched. This forum has got be the worst one I have been on for jumping on people for not using search asking questions etc. Have you guys ever stepped back and taken a look at how many times you get on people with the search issue in the first or second reply to a question? If you don't want new members, just stop registering people. I have been on Powerstroke forums, F150 forums, AV forums, Dodge forums, and usually the first response to a new poster is a welcome, not a criticism.

Did you see me make any mention about using the search button? I was suggesting using the thread you made a couple days ago to ask any other questions you have, rather than make a new thread each time. It was a polite suggestion, not an order.

Sorry if I seem annoyed, but the other post was asking about 2 used units, z-1 and d-3. I know you did not mention the search here. I really didn't think these questions pertained to that, so didn't seem to make sense to post there. I was asking questions here in the F-Series forum about an F-series unit.