AVIC411.com

Hey guys,

I absolutely LOVE this site!!!! I have already done sooo much thanks to all of you guys.

Here is my question...

Is here any way to replace the contact images with pictures from my iphone? Even manually if possible. I was just curious. Also, does anyone else have a problem with iphone and voice activation? It doesn't recognize my voice when i say a name.

Hey Spyderwalk. I have an F700BT and the iPhone 3g and was having the same problem with voice dial. Also, caller id would not work, only showing phone number and not names.

Here is a link to the post that I followed to fix all of my problems. It may be a little difficult to understand, but keep reading, once you figure it out, it is an easy fix and voice dial works AND caller id now show names.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... voice+dial

Good Luck and welcome to the site!

• 3 months later...

Hi folks,

If you are having trouble with the caller ID is not working by just showing phone numbers for incoming call, then this is the solution. Before, one of the suggested solution was to copy the xxx.db file from the 700BT unit to the SD card and edit on your pc using a plug in and then replace the modified file back to the 700BT unit. I tried this but it is not a very convenient way to do this. This is not good enough for me so I have been trying to find a better solution and I finally found it. Here is the new solution. Now this is on my Iphone 3G using Microsoft Outlook 2003 to sync contacts. The problem was that Microsoft Outlook was auto formatting the phone number by adding parenthesis, space, hyphen, etc when adding/editing phone number. To resove this root problem, one has to shut off auto formatting some how and Microsoft does not tell anyone how this is done. Anyway, to shut this off, do the following:

1. Go to Control Panel -> Phone and Modem Options. In the location list, you should see your location, highlight it and then click the "Edit..." button.

2. Change the Country/Region to Afghanistan and change the Area code = 1. My country was USA, which Outlook will auto format the phone number.

3. Go back to your Microsoft Outlook and edit All your contacts and remove all the +1, space, -, (), etc. Your number should ONLY contain numbers.

4. Go to your 700BT unit and transfer/sync your contact list once the phone is connected via Bluetooth.

5. Incoming calls should now show the matching name now. No need to copy the xx.db file from/to SD card anymore.

6. To verify that all phone numbers contains ONLY numbers, you can boot in test mode and copy the xxx.db and open it up with the plug in, it should look EXACTLY how it is in Microsoft Outlook.

Note:

Some incoming call may have a 1 prefix before the area code and some may omit the area code, depends on the caller's carrier. If it does not match and just show the number, look at the number and go into your MS Outlook and change it to match the incoming number and repeat steps 3-5.

All you have to do is change the phone numbers on your phone to have only number, **no dashes or parenthesis**. You also need a complete number for Caller ID to work, that a 1, area code, plus number. ie: 17701112222.

Not entirely (or at all, really) true. Stored nuimbers should match whatever the phone sends over Bluetooth as an incoming call notification. On my phone, say, it should _not_ have 1 but parenthesis are OK.