AVIC411.com

My AVIC-F700bt Install into my 2003 Ram

Well, ive been a pioneer guy all my life. Ive worked for pioneer dealers in the past, and ever since my first AVIC unit, ive been hooked. So, when pioneer came out with these new F series headunits, i quickly ditched my AVIC-N3 unit, for this.

Being that all the F series headunits are double din, and my 03 Ram is a 1.5 din, i had to do some fabrication. Im not much for fiberglass, so i opted to make it a bit more my style. Im a metal guy, thats what i do for aliving, so it only makes sence that i make a metal dash kit for my ram, and get this f-series unit installed.

I opted to used 16g stainless steel to it was sturdy enough, and could hold the weight of what i was going to attatch to it.

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

4d97_1.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

good luck with that. you will also have to undo about 25 bolts from the backside also, just to get that trim panel loose from the dash. all the bolts from around the perimeter are auctually used to mount the panel to the dash as a while.......If you can somehow remove the entire dash board really fast before i take a shot at you, you can have it!

Taylor

in my magnum, i also just trimmed a bit below and above the radio, and filled in the half moons on the side, but the magnum radio is also a double din unit, so the room is thare natrually, the ram is a 1.5 din and i had to pretty much gut it all to make room. I am thinking about making one of these panels for the magnum now, because that one would be ideal fitment, so easy to make.

The lcd below the radio is the digital read out for my air bags. It tells me what PSI is in each bag at each corner.

Taylor