AVIC411.com

Recommend using WinRAR...

It's been mentioned, but I thought it'd be helpful to park here too for Windows users:

Use WinRAR to view/change Zip files!

When I first used WinZip to change things in Data.zip, things got screwy (blanked out top menu screen, non-responsive Menu button)...

When I used WinRAR for the exact same mod, no problems...

WinRAR's evaluation version can be downloaded from here for free:

http://www.rarlab.com/

Despite some bugginess, fixing/optimizing the AVICs is def improving on the best a/v-comm/nav mobile unit out there - Happy modding!

(And MANY thanks to those here that make it possible!)

I'm using 7zip, which is actually the default compressors used by Nav N' Go the creator of our navy software... it works great for me, FREE (complete application, NOT EVALUATION), and most important it's the same used by the unit itself to decompress the zip files which ensure compatibility.

I'm using 7zip, which is actually the default compressors used by Nav N' Go the creator of our navy software... it works great for me, FREE (complete application, NOT EVALUATION), and most important it's the same used by the unit itself to decompress the zip files which ensure compatibility.

7-Zip is a great recommendation, too (for Windows users - although I don't think it can help our Mac or Linux brethren; WinRAR works across all platforms). 7-Zip is indeed free (and open-source).

Find it here: http://www.7zip.com/

Actually, I'm not a windows user, but a LINUX user... I use 7zip under wine (windows environment emulator) and works flawless, never had any problems with my data.zip, and i had changed it a LOT, the unit had never frozen on me due to a bad zip file.

PD: Now, About Mac user... ummm sorry, i have not idea if there is any windows environment emulator for MAC, but if you have a mac don't bother, just use WinRar i hear a lot of good recommendations about it.

Actually, I'm not a windows user, but a LINUX user... I use 7zip under wine (windows environment emulator) and works flawless, never had any problems with my data.zip, and i had changed it a LOT, the unit had never frozen on me due to a bad zip file.

PD: Now, About Mac user... ummm sorry, i have not idea if there is any windows environment emulator for MAC, but if you have a mac don't bother, just use WinRar i hear a lot of good recommendations about it.

7zip is great for Windows users (or emulators!) - added to my sig - lol