AVIC411.com

F900BT will not boot, stuck on "Caution" screen

Greetings,

I searched the forum in vain for an answer to this:

After 4 months of working relatively well, my F900BT began malfunctioning today. Basically, the language switched from English to Czech all by itself, and on startup began showing a black screen with a message in Czech.

Somehow (by hitting the map button and resetting several times) I was able to get back in and switch the language back to English. Shortly after I did this, however, on startup the screen would again show up black, with the words "Caution: screen image may appear reversed" at the top of the screen. No matter what I do now, I cannot get it to budge from this screen.

Does anyone know how to completely reset the software or otherwise restore the factory settings?

Thanks,

John

"Caution: screen image may appear reversed" at the top means that the rear camera is selected. Since you don't recognize this screen, you probably don't have a rear-view camera installed.

The reverse wire is somehow connecting to ground (or 12V, depending on the setting). Check the violet/white wire.

-Eric

Thanks for your response. It appears that somehow the backup camera functionality was turned on, though no camera is present. After waiting at the black screen for several minutes (presumably for the unit to go through the entire boot sequence) I was able to access the settings panel and turn off the backup camera function. All appears to be ok now.

*VERY* odd that this all happened randomly.

John

Thanks for your response. It appears that somehow the backup camera functionality was turned on, though no camera is present. After waiting at the black screen for several minutes (presumably for the unit to go through the entire boot sequence) I was able to access the settings panel and turn off the backup camera function. All appears to be ok now.

John

you probably hooked up the reverse input to your ACC or ground or something ridiculous like tail lights or even headlights; go check your wiring.

Hmmm,

Do you have kids? Have they been in the vehicle recnetly?

John

• 2 months later...

John

THANK GOD YOU POSTED THIS!!!!!!

The very same thing happened to me when I did the 2.0 firmware update, so I thought it was because of that. I turned off my backup camera (I don't have one) and now everything works again! THANK YOU!

• 1 month later...