AVIC411.com

best upgrade hd drive for z1?

Not sure about the hard drive stuff, but I just bought a Z1 with Sirius, XM w/NavTraf, TV Tuner, Bluetooth, and iPod Modules for $500 from a guy on a Toyota Forum. Not sure you are getting the best deal, but who knows. Maybe this guy is just hard up for money?!

And before anyone says "Stolen!" - He has the original box and manual and all that :) Maybe he got it from the back of a Semi?! Lets hope not.

BTW - 1st post for me! Glad a great forum like this exists!

Greg

The fastest drive that will work in the Avic Z is a 5400 RPM Toshiba PATA drive. The 400 album/artist limitation is established by the Pioneer database that tracks the music locations on the hard drive. The stock drive will hold about 160 full cd's. That is the reason that Pioneer set the limit so low. They never assumed that anyone would be able to add more music. With a 60gb drive, you will be able to hold the full 400 albums with room to spare.

You found the pricing in my ad. The drive is unlocked so that it can be connected to a PC, but you will still have to perform the 2 wire bypass if you want video and full nav functions while driving. The unit can be powered up by using a battery + to the Yellow and Red wires, and - to the black wire.